Inspired by La Crosse
2022 Call to Artist is open now!
The Inspired by La Crosse Art Competition proposes that public art cultivates the public’s awareness and appreciation for the arts and establishes a sense of place for the creative people who drive our thriving community.
About Inspired by La Crosse
In celebration and recognition of La Crosse’s creative community, Pump House Regional Arts Center presents the Inspired by La Crosse Art Competition. The Inspired by La Crosse Art Competition creates a unique opportunity for La Crosse to publicly showcase our area’s talented artists, and enliven our public places with enriching and inspiring content. This project seeks to engage the various interests of our diverse community and prompt vital interactions and connections through art.
The Inspired by La Crosse Art Competition is coordinated in conjunction with Artspire La Crosse, the largest annual arts celebration in downtown La Crosse, produced by the Pump House Regional Arts Center and sponsored by City of La Crosse Arts Board.
There will be three pieces selected by our jury and will be unveiled during Artspire, on June 11th. Inspired by La Crosse winning artwork will then be displayed at La Crosse City Hall for one year. Inspired by La Crosse winners will not only have their work displayed in a highly visible, public area, but each winner will receive a $200 award, and a ribbon for their work.
The 2022 Artspire celebration is Saturday, June 10 & 11, 2022.
Call to Artists
We are calling all regional artists to share what they love about La Crosse and what inspires them about the area with this Call to Artists! The ‘Inspired by La Crosse’ Art Competition creates a unique opportunity for La Crosse to publicly showcase our area’s talented artists, and enliven our public places with enriching and inspiring content.
Application Deadline: Sunday, May 22, 2022
- The jury is looking for wall pieces that are inspired by La Crosse- the area, culture, topography, etc.
- Up to 3 pieces may be submitted for a $25 fee. No artist will submit more than 3 pieces. (Artists participating in the Artspire Art Fair & Sale may submit up to one piece for free.)
- The City Arts Board will provide security hangers for selected work.
- Submitted work will be no larger than 36″ tall and 48″ wide, no smaller than 18″ tall and 12″ wide, and no heavier than 40 lbs.
- Pieces must be ready to hang and already framed, if necessary.
- Pieces may be for sale. A label will be displayed next to work with artist information, and price.
- Artwork will display for one year and may not come down early. Work sold during the duration will not be available for pick up until June 1 the following year.
- Artist must sign an agreement for liability.
- Application Deadline is May 22, 2022
- Jury Fee is waived for current Artspire Fine Art Fair & Sale Artists